Tolomart is an eCommerce company in Ethiopia working closely with different Charity Organizations in Addis Ababa. Some include: Muday Charity (working with orphans and vulnerable children), Sele Enat Mahiber (runs children focused programs) and Gergesenon Association (supports people with mental disorder).
Work is underway to register other philanthropic organizations to post their needs on our platform for free.
Tolomart has set the a goal of helping over one thousand people by 2021. We plan to be the bridge connecting donors and recipients. The Ethiopian Diaspora Community especially is encouraged to participate to reach out and support Local Charities via Tolomart Platform.
How to donate using Tolomart
1. Go to the page of the charity organization of your choice. Or browse through the “charity items” category.
2. Choose from the listed items and add to cart.
3. When at the checkout page, please choose the “Ship to a different address” box.
4. Fill the charity organization’s name in the “company name area”.
5. Finish payment. Tolomart will handle the rest.
After the items are received, the Charity organization will send you an email of confirmation. Please do not hesitate to contact Tolomart and/or the charity organization if you do not receive the confirmation.
Participating organizations will post their material needs on our hub. Once a donor purchases the items, Tolomart delivers the goods for free each Friday afternoon. The items will be bought from major supermarkets in Addis Ababa that sell their products on Tolomart platform.
The initial participants of this program are:
Gergesenon Association for Supporting People with Mental Disorder is local charity association that is established to support needy, helpless persons living around religious facilities and on streets and those suffering from mental disorder and living on streets.
- Location: Kuskuam Besides the water resource office after you pass the No. 17 Bus Mazoriya
- Contact : Mr. MeseleAyele
- Tel: 0912 18 88 76/ 0922 82 12 35
- P. O. Box: 31209 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Muday Charity Association is legally registered local NGO which mainly works with orphan and vulnerable children and widowed and single mothers. The association is a home for 650 children and youth and 450 mothers currently.
- Location: Addis Ababa, Yeka Sub-city, Woreda 11, House No. 225,
- P.O.BOX: 190405
- Website: www.mudayenjera.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: 0911718205 Mrs. Muday Mitiku (Founder and head)/ 0937989898 Mr. Aster (staff)
Sele Enat Mahiber (SEM) is an indigenous, not for profit, child focused, non-governmental organization founded in 2002. The objective of the organization is to be part of the ongoing effort to improve the life of vulnerable and under served community members of Ethiopia, especially women and children.
- Location: Arada sub city Woreda 4
- Contact: Yared Abdu (MA), Executive Director
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office No:-0116452561
- P.O. Box: 25136, Addis Ababa-Ethiopia
- Email: email@example.com